Friday, May 14, 2010

CREED Sublime Vanille



While I love the first fragrance in the new CREED collection called Royal Exclusives, CREED Sublime Vanille is not something that I will add to my collection. Yes, it's beautifully bottled in a hand-blown Pochet glass etched with CREED’s famous crest, and is huge at 8.4 ounces, but it's $475, and for me, it's just not justified. The fabric pump is a nice touch, and when not in use, the pump is easily removed and replaced with a multifaceted hand-cut glass stopper that turns the bottle into an art piece. For travel, the glass top can be covered with white Italian leather, secured with a gold cord.
So, there I am, standing at the counter, dousing myself with this juice. I can still hear the Neiman Marcus SA now. "In a week, that price is going up $100." It left such a bad taste in my mouth.
With that said, this smells so delicious. On first whiff, I got the citrus and vanilla. As time passed, the vanilla stayed and the slight musk came through.
It does not have long lasting power which is why I would never drop that much money on it, even if it's a lovely scent. By the time I got home, I asked my husband what he thought. He says, "It smells like baby powder. Nothing special..." Within an hour, there was no trace of it. Such a disappointment.
Top note: Vanilla from climbing orchids of Tahiti, heady Bourbon vanilla of South America.
Middle note: Luscious Tonka bean for profound depth.
Base note: A touch of bergamot orange for a citrus accent with a bracing dab of Calabrian lemon. Rare musk.
DISCLAIMER: This blog is mostly about cosmetics and beauty products. This entry contains my own thoughts and opinions, they are not influenced by anyone or any company. It is not intended to endorse any particular products or services, but is intended to share information that I have found useful. It is not a vehicle for communicating the positions of any company, organization or individual other than myself.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment